Foreclosure in Ferndale>Question Details

Raebae321, Home Buyer in Ferndale, MI

Vacant house NO agency is claiming possession of, how can I purchase?

Asked by Raebae321, Ferndale, MI Wed Mar 21, 2012

Found a wonderful vacant house. Sheriff sale date 2 yrs ago according to records my realtor was able to pull up. Bank of America vacancy posting. An attorney's office showed it as a HUD home. Both B of A and HUD claim it is not theirs. Now what do I to purchase it?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Ferndale - I would contact the county tax office and find out who they are sending the property tax bills to. That person or bank is the owner. I think the house may have gotten lost in the foreclosure shuffle and HUD or BOA just cannot locate the information. The tax office will provide you with reliable information. Thank you.

Cindy Schlee, Realtor
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 21, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer