Foreclosure in Hayward>Question Details

Alex, Other/Just Looking in Chino, CA

Trying to save my home!

Asked by Alex, Chino, CA Mon Dec 15, 2008

I have a home in Hayward Ca and I stopped making payments on it since April. I have heard that there may be a way for me to save my home, some sort of compromise plan since the economy is going the way it is. Additionally, my house is one which has lost value since I purchased it, is there anyway to adjust my payments according to what it is worth now? Please help!

Help the community by answering this question:


Hello I am a Real Estate Agent in Los Angeles, California.

Regarding your property , I would like to give you some websites addresses. The first thing to do is to act and the first act is to get information. So here are some good websites, recommended by the California Association of Realtors , which I am a member of.

Here are some very Legitimate Resources:

If you are at risk of foreclosure or have already received a foreclosure notice, you should contact your lender immediately.
Homeowners also may seek the advice of a reputable housing, financial or credit counselor, attorney, or other qualified professional.
Homeowners may visit the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Web site at to view its Guide to Avoiding Foreclosure and its list of California HUD-approved housing counseling agencies.

In addition, the non-profit Homeownership Preservation Foundation has a 24/7 toll-free Homeowner’s HOPE Hotline at (999) 995-HOPE.

I hope that this will be helpful to you and if you are tiered of reading you can get in touch, I will be happy to help.

Muriel Levin, Realtor, Coldwell Banker HP-N, Certified Short Sale and REO Specialist
Agence Immobiliere a Los Angeles, Californie, Specialiste des Reprise de Banque
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 24, 2009
Contact your lender, who will instruct you to provide financial statements, hardship letter, many mortgage companies are willing to work with you than have a home foreclosure. Stay on top of it continually contact lender, show you have an interest in keeping the home. Try to work all taxes, monthly payments roll into backside of your mortgage could offer you assistance restructure of your loan. GOOD LUCK,
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 15, 2008

If you would like to stay in your house then you have to do loan modification (the lender may adjust your interest rate or reduce principal amount or some other to make affordable payment). They require some documents to prove your hardship in order to do loan modification. Please let me know if I can be any help. You can sent me an email to or call me.

Blaison Samuel
Certified Short Sale Specialist
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 15, 2008
Alex - I agree contact your lender IMMEDIATELY, let them know that you WANT to keep the house but need their help.

Also, visit this website - although this company has not begun it's Modification process last I heard, they are experts with lenders and can certainly help with advice. Good Luck.

They are a Short Sale Service for Agents and HomeOwners, they plan to expand (if they haven't already) into Loan Modification.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 15, 2008
Alex - Call your lender immediately and tell them your situation. They would perfer not to foreclose and would rather work with you but do not wait and call them today. Best of luck,

Randall Sandin, 843-209-9667,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 15, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer