Foreclosure in Alabama>Question Details

ffamily5, Home Owner in Alabama

Trying to deter buyers from wanting to buy my forclsd. home. Can I put a sign in my yard next door -BUYER BEWARE stating facts about home &?

Asked by ffamily5, Alabama Sat Jul 30, 2011

property? We were forclosed on a year ago, but were evicted 3 monthe ago. (no right of redemtion)The bank still owns the home. We are trying to deter anyone from buying the home until we can try and get funds to buy the home back. The forclosed home is adjacent to 15 acres which my entire family lives on. ( three separate homes and us next door) Can I legally put any information regarding "why you do not not want to buy this home" on a sign on my current property. These would be facts, not opinions regarding the house and property. This property has been in our family for over a decade, and I am trying to do anything I can legally to discourage any potential buyers until we can get some issues resolved

Answers

8
Stop it, and stop it now.

I think we all have sympathy for your situation, but you are behaving badly and contemplating worse. True character shows up in times of difficulty, and what you need to do is put your life back together and stop wasting energy trying to undo the past.

If you put all of the energies you're expending into this immoral and unethical (and probably illegal) plan into resolving the issues, then you will maximize the possibility that you can buy the home back.

I do wish you well,
If I understand correctly, the bank legally foreclosed and you have no legal defenses; correct? If so, then you may want to consult with an attorney in your area before undertaking such a move. You may be liable for damage claims to the bank and, under the circumstances, they may very well pursue them. Some States have laws regarding tortious interference, among others. So, again, only an attorney in your State may undertake to advise you on this matter.

Jack Gillis, M.B.A., J.D.
Jack Gillis Realty Advisors
Nathan Grace Real Estate, Broker
5619 Dyer Street | Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75206
Cell: 214.718.4910
Email: Jack@JackGillisRealty.com
I do not agree with Mack on a lot of things, but this is one. 100%

You are putting the BULLSEYE on your back, and the sign on your chest saying; SOUR GRAPES!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 30, 2011
I seems to me that if you set foot on the property that you would be trespassing.

If you think that maligning the property to the general public will help your position with the current owner, I think you are misguided.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 30, 2011
Several of the realtors are providing very poor advice(Mack). You need to first determine if the bank foreclosing on you actually owns the home. You must determine chain of ownership. savvy?

Show me the title!
http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/show-me-title-strate…

"Show Me The Note" Foreclosure Defense Works...
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/23/948986/-Show-Me-The…
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. It could take 3 to 6 months before the property is actually on the market so you probably still have some time to try and figure out whether you can get it back. Before doing anything that could be construed as illegally interfering with the sale of the home, I would recommend you contact and attorney to determine your best course of action.
I would contact an attorney asap. They may be your only help at this point.

Best of luck,
Nancy
I am confused, are the issues with the bank? Have you consulted with an attorney? If not, you should. If there is a legal issue with the bank that may allow you to get back into the house the attorney may be able to get some sort of injunction preventing the bank from selling the home until those issues can be resolved. Has the bank even listed the home for sale with a realtor? I can't speak for Alabama but here in New Jersey bank owned homes tend to sit empty for upwards of a year before the bank even starts marketing them for sale, and once listed for sale they take quite some time to actually sell depending on the condition of the home.

My concern is that, by putting a sign on the property next door, even if it simply lists facts, you may be 'wrongfully interfering' with the bank's right to sell the property. This is another thing an attorney can and should explain to you. My other concern is this, you may be chasing rainbows. Most banks will NOT under any circumstances sell the home back to the previous owner. All short sale contracts include what is called an 'affadavit of arms lenth transaction' which states, under oath, that the buyer has no relationship whatever with the seller and will NOT sell the home back to the defaulting owner.

I do wish you the best of luck, talk to an attorney, but if there is no hope, try to find a way to move on with your life and put this behind you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.