Foreclosure in 34698>Question Details

Kathie, Home Owner in 34698

There is an abandoned unit in my condo association. The owner has been deceased for one year. How do I find out which bank holds the mortgage?

Asked by Kathie, 34698 Tue Nov 22, 2011

Several notices posted on front door. Called Chase...they left the 1st notice. Spoke to someone & told them the situation. Next, the notices started coming from Bank of America. after contacting them, i was told that they do NOT own the property. have already contacted the Registry of Deed and the cities Tax Assessor. there was no will & it's not in probate. Help!!

Answers

4
Kathie,
The owner of record and mortgage holder (servicer) can be identified.
However, it would be beneifical to know the purpose of your inquiry.
Are you a member of the condo association?
Do you have interest in purchashing this condo?
Do you have the means to purchase this condo?
Are you just curious?

If you would like further assistance give me a call.
For more information about what's happening in Dunedin visit the community website
http://www.MyDunedin.com

Annette Lawrence
ReMax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727. 420. 4041
Kathie,

Sounds like the HOA is going to have to contact their attorney and file a lien against the property for dues owed. The lender can be determined by looking up the owner's name in the clerk of the courts and finding the recorded mortgage. Filing the lien may help to start the process with the lender, but that is a legal question for a real estate attorney. Good luck.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155

http://pamcohn.wordpress.com
I have access to a database that contains all the tax records, and would be happy to look up all available information for you, if you send me an e-mail.

If your condo association has unpaid fees, they should take action to ensure their interests are protected.

If the owner died, and left no heirs, the property will become the property of the State of Florida.

Ann Ryan
the bank, if it OWNS the property, will not talk to you since you do not have an interest in the property.
go down to the County Recorders office and ask them; they will tell you who the owner of record is.
you can go from there.

good luck and may God bless

Happy Turkey Day