Foreclosure in 92646>Question Details

the_faye_way, Home Owner in 95350

The new owner of the house

Asked by the_faye_way, 95350 Tue Sep 25, 2012

Are house just sold at auction on 9/ 12/ 12 - on 9/ 25 the new owner showed up with the deed and told my husband and I that he would give us 30 days . He also said he wanted to come into the house to see it and take pictures,Does he have the right to come into the house before we leave??? so confused please help

Answers

5
Thank you all you have been very helpful. :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 25, 2012
Dan's given you some good advice. I would add that you may want to seek legal representation. My best advice is that yo keep the communication lines open with the new owner. Nothing panics an owner more than tenants that don't answer their phone
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 25, 2012
If they own the home and you are possessing it, you are technically a tenant and they are the landlord. You should look up the landlord tenant act in California to understand your rights and theirs. Typically, they should give you some notice before expecting to come in, but they are also allowing you to stay 30 days rent free I assume. Working with them may be to your advantage, but learn your rights asap. I'm sorry you lost the house.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 25, 2012
If you feel like venting your frustrations about your process of going from trying to work with your now previous bank with a loan modification or going through trial loan mod payments, to why you chose not to pursue a short sale, I would love to hear about it. Seriously, I'm obviously not trying to sell you anything at this point.

I'm just trying to understand why there are ANY properties going to auction these days & why some owners are Not taking the short sale route? Think of me as your virtual punching bag, I'm ready for it.

I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
100% short sale success ratio
& I can Prove it
yes, he is the owner of the house and has the right to see his property like any landlord. He does need to give you 24 hours notice to enter the property though.