Foreclosure in 95404>Question Details

Renting Woes, Renter in 95404

The house I am renting was auctioned today....

Asked by Renting Woes, 95404 Mon Nov 7, 2011

According to the notice that was posted on my door a few weeks ago, the property was to be auctioned this morning. (11/7/11) How can I find out the result of the auction?

Answers

5
Katha Snow’s answer
I am so sorry. I hope you have a lease or rental agreement to protect you. Call the trustee that posted the notice. You also can get the information on http://www.foreclosureradar.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 7, 2011
You might consider looking into the Mobile Home market. There are many deals in Mobile Home Parks in the area and you would have the security of home ownership! Drop me an email for more information. Many people have their family help them buy in, and you will be thrilled to have a place where you can put up a shelf or paint or put in new appliances without begging the landlord. Best, Terry Bell, Realtor, Santa Rosa, CA
There were five foreclosure auctions in 95404 today. Three were cancelled and two went back to the banks that held the first mortgage. If your house is on Chanate, Mark West Springs or Slater, you can breathe a temporary sigh of relief. If your house is on Montecito or Pressley, the bank may be the new owner and they will be in touch eventually. It's normal for them to offer you assistance in moving through a program like "cash for keys", so be polite but firm in asking for financial help.
Since you are renting now and it sounds like you will be moving soon anyway, you might seize this as an opportunity to see if you can become a buyer of a home yourself.

With interest rates being at historic lows and houses on sale, you owe it to yourself to at least explore your options. You might find that it is actually cheaper to buy than to rent! Really....just do it! It doesn't cost anything to have a conversation about it.

If you are a first time buyer, there are some outstanding federal tax credits available as well. Here is a short, one minute video about the Mortgage Credit Certificate Program that will hit the highlights of this awesome program:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua1j3uVFx2s

I am happy to have a conversation about your unique situation and see if it makes sense for you to move forward with owning a home of your own.

Sorry about the auction though.
Web Reference: http://www.grovesteam.net
If this was a foreclosure auction conducted on behalf of a lender, there should have been a notice posted at the property with contact information about the party conducting the trustee's sale. I suggest you contact them.