Foreclosure in Linden>Question Details

Sue, Home Buyer in

The bank posted the foreclosure sticker on my neighbors house, the home owner removed it. Is this legal?

Asked by Sue, Mon Oct 27, 2008

Answers

4
Sue: Just why does this concern you? It's the homeowner and the bank that needs to consult an attorney.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 27, 2008
Hi Sue,

Don't worry, the bank will post another one. If the bank is going to foreclose then the home owner will have plenty of notice.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
RE/MAX ACTION REALTY
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask for Renee
http://www.reneeporsia.com
I am not an attorney, but I believe that it is perfectly legal. Plus...it's better for the neighborhood not to be advertising a foreclosed home with a big sticker, isn't it?
The Hagley G…, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA
The bank is required to post a notice to comply with notification requirements. The homeowner is NOT required to leave it there. Sheriff postings of some matters often require that the homeowner leave the post in place. Those often contain notices about unsafe conditions or sale of contents. Auction of contents can be the result of a levy attached to a homeowner following unpaid bills and unsuccessful collection attempts.