Foreclosure in Miramar>Question Details

Ladybug, Other/Just Looking in Miramar, FL

The bank didn't foreclose, however dome company claimed they bought my home, and my family was evicted. Something about Land trust

Asked by Ladybug, Miramar, FL Mon Jun 21, 2010

Answers

3
Loriann M. Harrison’s answer
So sorry to hear of your problem. Now, since I am not an attny, I cannot give legal advice, but I will share some info that you can also research online.
There have been many scams lately in which homeowners are fooled into signing over their properties in an effort to prevent foreclosure; sometimes these properties are placed in a "trust" where investors supposedly pay what's delinquent, allowing owners to get back on their feet and re-finance at a later date. Homeowners don't always know that they have signed over their deeds and may get foreclosed by a variety of different methods. I'm not sure if this is what happened to you, and perhaps legal counsel is the best way to find out for sure.
With that said, and depending on what you want to do, an attny consultation might be appropriate.
I wish you luck with this and again, so sorry to hear about your troubles.
Dear Lady Bug,

If you have a lease and are paying on time, you cannot be "evicted".

If the owner "quit claimed" the house to an investor then your lease payments should be paid to the current owner per the public records. If the public records do not show the "land trust" is the owner then you need to continue making your payments to your landlord. If you do not have a lease then you may have to move.

Contact your landlord immediately. Again, if you have a lease signed by the previous owner you can stay until your lease is up.

Contact an attorney if you've been served with eviction papers. You may have to deposit your rental payments to the court. Don't let them get away with abusing you if you truly have a lease and your are current with your lease payments!
Ladybug,
Were you renting the home? Perhaps it was a case of eminent domain, where a public entity (the state or your local government) needed the land to widen a road, or for some other public use. Good luck.

Warm regards,
Maggie Hawk, REALTOR
(386) 314-1149
Watson Realty Corp.