Foreclosure in 98103>Question Details

Honghao, Home Owner in Clinton Township, MI

The Court gave me 21 days to take legal action to defend myself from lawsuit (the builder's bank foreclosure). Is it 21 business or calendar?

Asked by Honghao, Clinton Township, MI Wed Dec 22, 2010

days?

Answers

5
Honghao -- you need to speak with an attorney ASAP, not seek answers via a blog. This is a big deal involving a whole lot of money. Legal fees are merited.
Web Reference: http://blackmonholmes.com
Honghao,
I agree with the previous posters, until you hear otherwise assume it's calendar days and get started yesterday. Have you contacted your Title Insurance Company? Even if you have your own attorney, they will want this information. Call them first thing in the morning.
Regardless of whether it's business or calendar days, do you already have a plan in place?
I am guessing you didn't get anything in writing. You could call the judge's office and see if you can find out from the Judge's staff. If you can't find out that way, you should assume 21 calendar days. It is better to be prepared too soon, then to risk waiting until it is too late. You really need legal advise. If you can't afford a lawyer, look around for free legal services. Even if you have to pay for it, it will be worth the money. When someone is defending themselves against a law suit, they really need a strong grasp on the laws that will apply. The damages an Attorney can protect you from will, more than likely, be far less than damages you will pay without one. You know what they say " anyone who defends themselves, has a fool for an Attorney." Good Luck
You're posting this in Washington state, not Michigan, but the answer is probably the same in any event--you need to see a lawyer.