Foreclosure in Brooklyn>Question Details

Newyorker78, Other/Just Looking in New York, NY

Short Sale Buyer Does Not Qualify by the Seller's Bank, Why?

Asked by Newyorker78, New York, NY Thu Aug 21, 2014

After process a short sale for over a year and providing all the right documents the bank decline the offer by saying "the current buyer does not meet the investor's quality standards". They refuse to say if the offer price is too low or anything.
Any Advise what can be the issue ?

Could be the type of loan that it is. Something like this typically happens with government backed loans, FHA / Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and depends on the timeframe that the owner moved out of the house. I specialize in doing short sales and between me and less than 15 agents we have done over 500 in the last 12 months.

Please feel free to contact me for more information or if you are looking for negotiation times of 45-60 days at the lowest possible price per home.

Sky Derival
Short Sale Expert.
I read your post and would like to offer assistance. For privacy reasons, Bank of America is not able to provide customer service to you through this page. If you’re on Twitter, please Tweet "short sale" blog help” to @BofA_Help for assistance. You may also reach us at for a secure online chat or call 1.800.432.1000. ^stevenf
You do not identify the lender involved in the short sale or the lender granting your the mortgage.

Every bank is different. But the words you quoted is typical bank weasel words.

It suggests bank of america short sale and Chase for your mortgage provider.
If that is the case....B or A is correct.