racersgrl, Home Owner in Youngstown, OH

Sheriff Sale Took Place in Kenosha County Wisconsin. How do I find out if it actually sold?

Asked by racersgrl, Youngstown, OH Mon Mar 4, 2013

Our house was forclosed on in October of 2011. We moved out in February 2012 because it was up for sheriff's sale in March of 2012. They postponed it 5 times, until we recieved a letter that it was to sell Feb 13, 2013 for sure. It is now March and the home is still in our name, no word if it has sold. We just want to be done with this house. We have not lived there in almost a year, and we want to be clear of it. I have contacted the sheriff's office and bank's lawyer, and have not heard back from them in over a week. Is there any other way we can find out if it actually sold, or if it was postponed again

i'll be happy to do a search of public records, but need an actual address in order to do so. In most cases, depending on how the house sold (auction or through a real estate agent, etc) the transfer of the name on record does not show up for a few weeks "after" the closing. If you don't mind please provide your address and I'll see what I can find out for you. Thanks for taking the time to read this response.
What is your property address?