Foreclosure in El Mirage>Question Details

Raven, Renter in El Mirage, AZ

Renting a house for yr that I suspect is being defaulted by owner.Want to continue renting,LL agreed to mo./mo. but wants new lease.What should I do?

Asked by Raven, El Mirage, AZ Sun Sep 11, 2011

Been renting house for over a year, my lease expired. Lanlord agreed to a mo./mo. with a 30day vacate by either party, but wants me to sign a new lease to that effect, but it actually reads 1 yr. lease with the 30day stipulation within the content. Also I just found an auction notice taped to my garage door, plus several registered letters from an attorney and lender came which I gave to the owner. He didnt explain anything, just said he'd been paying mortgage and had to be a mix up. Is kit more beneficial for me to sign this lease? Have it revised to a strictly mo./mo. statement or what? How do I know If what he's saying is true about default? I am moving out of state in 6 months and REALLY dont want to move twice. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED, THANKS!

Answers

1
Hello Raven,

If you give me the address that you are currently renting I can check to see if the property is going into foreclosure. Regarding your lease once it goes into foreclosure the Bank owns the property and they would have to give you notice to vacate. Also you would not be paying the Landlord the montly payments. I have known cases that the Bank keeps the occupants in the home until they figure out when they want to List it for sale which took several months.

Vivien Biggs, PLC
602-615-9137
Prudential Arizona Properties
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011