Foreclosure in Londonderry>Question Details

Erica Leigh, Home Buyer in Londonderry, NH

Pre-foreclosed Home has gone into Litigation

Asked by Erica Leigh, Londonderry, NH Mon Mar 4, 2013

I cannot get anymore info on the property in pre-foreclosure or why it's now in Litigation. The owner is deceased with no heirs and nobody has any legal interest in the home. What can I do to find out when the Litigation is settled and also find out why it's in Litigation now?

Answers

2
Jason Duval’s answer
Hi Erica,
Most likely the home is in Probate court where estates are settled. They will look to establish the next of kin in order to ensure the home is not simply abandoned. Once that is established it would be up to the estate to determine how the home is disposed of. To the best of my knowledge; a bank can not foreclose on any property in Probate.Feel free to email me back @ jduval@kw.com, I can get you in touch with a couple lawyers in Londonderry who handle these issues, they could easily inform you of what is going on.

Jason G Duval, REALTOR, CRS, ePRO
Keller Williams Realty NH
Licensed Broker in NH & MA
603.424.4053
603.765.3239
HI Erica,

I am realtor for Prudential Verani in Londonderry. I'd like to try and help you, if you want to give me the address, I can ask my title company to take a look or run it by our foreclosure department since they work witb multiple banks and we do get the lion share of foreclosures. Take care, Danielle Tringali/Team Tringali/Prudential Verani Realty