Foreclosure in Stockton>Question Details

letisha Rodr…, Home Buyer in 95209

Please help me!

Asked by letisha Rodriguez, 95209 Wed Oct 17, 2012

The house were renting went to auction on October 2, 2012. Im not sure if it sold or went back to the bank? My landlady said it never sold and it didn't go to the bank!! I'm not sure if she is lying to me or what. She owes over 30,000 on this house. Is it possible she got her house back? Now a property mgnt is coming over the home and trying to change our locks when we still live here! What should I do? How can I find out if she really owns it still!

Help the community by answering this question:


In most states, they will have to evict you. That is a legal process, and you need to be represented. A Board-certified Real Estate Attorney is your best bet to protect yourself and your family. I would also be finding another place as quickly as possible. If your landlady has defrauded you, you may have some recourse, too, but it sounds like there might not be anything to get.

Here is a link to the California Guide to Tenants Rights and Responsibilities.

Good luck,

Doc Stephens, REALTOR
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 18, 2012
I agree with each of these comments, you need to discuss your situation with an attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 18, 2012
As the others advise, contact an attorney. It's very likely your landlady isn't telling the truth. My guess is that she wants to continue collecting rent . . . on a property she no longer owns. Be prepared for the worst: That the house was sold and that you'll have to move immediately.

Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 18, 2012
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Definitely contact an attorney. It's possible your landlady is correct and the bank employees and vendors are behaving inappropriately and possibly even illegally. You need to find out what the real situation is and take action accordingly. You may also be able to get some help from your department of Community Affairs but a lawyer will be much faster.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 18, 2012
Hi letisha,

You should contact a Real Estate Attorney and make sure you have your lease/rental agreement available.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 17, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer