Foreclosure in 93312>Question Details

Ibeme, Home Owner in 93312

Original auction date 10/14. BofA postponed indefinitely. Today, 1/18, by a piece of junk mail, we find out new auction date 1/21. No notification?

Asked by Ibeme, 93312 Thu Jan 20, 2011

Shouldn't we have gotten some notification of the new date?

Answers

5
There is a projected date and an actual sale date and time. The difference is usually the time of the sale being stated. The indefinate postponment is usually because of the homowner filing bankrupsy or being in the middle of a loan modification workout. If you email me at movingwithmike@gmail.com I can tell you if it's an actual sale date. I have access to BofA's trustee sale information.

Trustee sales happen all the time with the homeowner thinking everything is on hold. You can lose your house if you don't get on top of the problem quick.
Yes you should have received notification of the new date. You said you found out through "a piece of junk mail" so it's possible that it is a mistake.

Your best bet is to call BofA and see what their position is or go to the Assessor/ Recorder's office and see if your property is on the list for the 21st.

BTW, my records show that 25 houses in your zip code are scheduled for auction on the 21st. If you want to shoot me an email at StopForeclosure@HomeSalesSally,.com with your address, I'll be happy to check it for you.
Bank of America did postpone things because of concerns with robo signing but that lasted of all of a few weeks. After that we have found they went on a terror and are foreclosing like crazy.
Any way as far as you not receiving notice, the court should have notified you, as well you should be tracking the case online.
Check with the clerks office at the court house where your foreclosure was filed they will be able to provide you with the information you need.

Good Luck
Bob Patrick
Buy a home after foreclosure expert
Movin-On LLC
Helping families/people that have lost their homes get back into another in as little as 6 months
It depends what your state law mandates. you should google CA foreclosure laws or even "process" and look up your state laws. Some states they just have to mail it an dthn post in teh paper for 3 consecutive weeks than can foreclose. You may even want to meet with an attorney fior teh first free meeting to see what your rights are. your best bet is to call you bank, ask for the home retention department and ask what they can do to help you keep your home. If you have any ability to make payments they can assist you, if you have no ability to make payments, you may wanty to consider a short sale to stay out fo foreclosure.

Please see my blog for more details
Are you saying your foreclosure was finalized and set for a sale date by the judge?

Try contacting the clerk of the court in your local county to see if the auction has been set.

Also, if you have the name of the auction company try calling them directly.