Foreclosure in 90744>Question Details

Sandra, Home Seller in Wilmington, CA

Once a home is set to be foreclosed, can you remove items (doors, light fixtures) from the property?

Asked by Sandra, Wilmington, CA Sun Oct 5, 2008

We replaced a few damaged doors and light fixture when we originally purchased the property with high end items. Can we replace those items with more basic items?

Answers

2
Hello Sandra. Legally you can not remove items from the home if they are considered fixtures. Now you mention that you are going to replace them, legally the property is yours until the bank takes it back, so if you wanted to replace them its up to you.

But I agree with the previous entry, you should at least try to short sale the property or work something out with the bank. If you have any questions please let me know.

Dyanna
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 5, 2008
Sandra:

Before you just give up and let the bank foreclose on your property, have you looked at ALL your options? As a Home Retention Consultant, I work with people like you to determine their best course of action. Contact me to discuss your situation. Take control back from the bank and Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis
Real Estate Consultant
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 5, 2008