Foreclosure in San Antonio>Question Details

Cynthia, Other/Just Looking in San Antonio, TX

On a foreclosure, does the owner lose the mineral rights?

Asked by Cynthia, San Antonio, TX Wed May 11, 2011

Answers

4
Do not know what the law is for foreclosure mineral rights. Think it is a shame for someone to try and gain from another persons work and investment. Get your own.
You lose whatever rights were encumbered by the mortgage.
If the previous owner had their mineral rights, then they would convey when you buy the foreclosed property. I recommend a good title search prior to buying the property just to be sure. Any title company can dig that info up for you quickly and for the most part, free of charge.

Jason C Campbell
Realtor / Mortgage Loan Officer
210-389-5266
Web Reference: http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
Can the foreclosing bank keep the mineral rights?
Flag Sat Aug 2, 2014
Hi Cynthia,

Normally the previous owner would lose these rights, if they had them in the first place, unless there were legal documents produced prior to foreclosure adressing mineral rights post-foreclosure.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Respectfully,

Steve Collins
210.535.4663
Web Reference: http://www.535HOME.com
My home was forclosed on and since I have still be receiving my checks and I also received a statement from the county on the taxes due on this. I have not received anything from the bank stating that they also retained the mineral rights. The property has been sold but I have not received anything about the mineral rights. I tried to sell them and the company sent a letter stating that the property was forclosed on. I am not sure if I still have the mineral rights or not. How do I check to see if I do or not?
Flag Fri Apr 13, 2012