Rachelbmd, Home Owner in Upper Marlboro, MD

Need to find out my Foreclosure Status

Asked by Rachelbmd, Upper Marlboro, MD Fri Mar 18, 2011

My husband and I had to file bankruptcy when we closed our small business. We surrendered our house in the filing. The bankruptcy was discharged a few months ago and we're still living in the house now. How do I find out the status of our foreclosure? I live in Prince George's County in Maryland.

Help the community by answering this question:


We had this same problem when our bankruptcy closed. When I tried to call the bank it took forever and I couldn't get a straight answer. I ended up finding this website online that researchers your foreclosure sale date: http://www.findmyforeclosuredate.com They charged like $20 and emailed me the sale date the same day. It was a lot easier than dealing with the bank!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 9, 2012
Hi Rachel,

Were you able to find your foreclosure status? Looks like you have received a number of responses below that I already agree with. Call both the bank and the foreclosure attorneys.

I would just add that you call the bank a couple of times to verify the information you receive. Unfortunately, some departments in the bank do not communicate and you could be receiving incorrect information.
If you have a second, please don't forget to contact them as well. Many home buyers just contact the first lender.

If you need any assistance with the process, feel free to contact us.

Thanks & God Bless,

Real Estate Consultant|Short Sale Expert
Keller Williams Preferred Properties
d: 240.281.9219
f: 240.296.5166
o: 240.737.5000
e: tgeneral@athomewithtyra.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 21, 2011

First step is to contact your mortgage company to see if there is a pending sale date and status of the foreclosure If the bankruptcy has been recently discharged the mortgage company may be still in the process of completing the foreclosure & sale. if you have the bank's attorney # I would contact them. If you need any assistance with any questions or in relocating I am here to help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 20, 2011
Call the Mortgage Company's Mitigation/Foreclosure Department and find out if a foreclosure attorney has been assigned to your property. If yes, call the attorney, Be persistent, they are hard to communicate with. If your house has not been assigned yet you may still be able to work out a "short sale". As a certified distressed property expert, I can meet with you and discuss your options. In the meantime, you should not move out of the home until absolutely necessary. Banks do not want you to "abandon" your house as it is then possibly subject to vandalism and rapid deterioration, causing it to lose more value. Call Elisabeth Salchow, RE/MAX United Real Estate, 301 627-9200 for an appointment.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 19, 2011
You can give me a call. I'm a realtor so I can try running your though to see if a notice of default was filed on our database.
Temi Akojie
Keller Williams Preferred Properties
Direct: 301-337-7325
Office: 240-737-5000
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 18, 2011
call the foreclosure attorneys that represent the bank -- they would have been the ones to send you any notice of intent to foreclose. if you don't have any of that paperwork, google maryland judiciary case search and put your name in. from there, you can look up your particular case and the attorneys will be listed. call those folks and just ask if there is a foreclosure date scheduled or not. alternatively, you could call your servicer (i.e., your lender to whom you would send your monthly mortgage statements), but they don't always give you the correct information.

for a lot of free info on mortgage assistance, feel free to check out our blog - http://www.capitolshortsale.com.

best wishes.

Brian Gormley, Esq.
Cornerstone Properties and Financial Services LLC
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 18, 2011
Contact your mortgage company they will be able to provide you with a foreclosure date. Also, your mortgage company will post an intent to foreclose on your front door if your not home. You can also contact a local realtor or title company and they can run your address against a database to see of a notice of default was filed.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 18, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer