Foreclosure in 91335>Question Details

Vita, Home Owner in 91335

NACA.com

Asked by Vita, 91335 Fri Nov 12, 2010

NACA.com it is Spam or not?

Answers

5
Vita:

NACA is a national organization that really "gets in the face" of the lenders and tries to help people work out loan modifications. They have a program called Save The Dream. They were in Los Angeles at the LA Convention Center in September for 5 days - 24 hours a day. Most of the major lenders and servicers sent representatives to this event and loan modifications were delivered on-site. Below is a link to an ABC news report on this last event.

If you work with NACA during the rest of the year, you have to be patient. Their offices are staffed by volunteers. They have good intentions and try very hard to help you, but it does take time. I can also answer questions about or help you with the paperwork for a loan modification, if you want a quicker response. Feel free to contact me through my profile or call me at 424-2HELP12. Good Luck and Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, QSC®
Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE®
Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource – SFR®
Certified HAFA Specialist – CHS®
SSG Pro®
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
http://shel-lee.listingbook.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 12, 2010
Hi Vita,
It is NACA.com. It stands for Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America. They get a lot of positive press.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 12, 2010
Hi Vita, I thought it was naca.org, so be careful. I'd google the organization and go to the one that comes up. Are you trying to modify your loan? I have heard good things about this program, but they have strict qualification guidelines.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 12, 2010
NO, NACA is not a scam. It takes time to go through the process. They look at what you can afford based on all of your bills and monthly expenses. They want you to be a sucessful homeowner. I am almost complete with the process. Of course other mortgage brokers are going to tell you differently because they want you to go through them.

I always tell people, it cost nothing to go to one of there seminars to get the information. Then make the choice yourself. You will be doing yourself a favor.

No you do not have to go into their office all the time. I started this process in Aug last year and have been to the office 2 times for my appointment.
Do not waste time with NACA unless you're local and prepared to march into their office every day to try and make something happen. Whether you're trying to buy a home or modify your mortgage there are other resources that can actually help you.