Foreclosure in Memphis>Question Details

Tanneice Bug…, Home Buyer in Memphis, TN

My husband abd I want to start cleaning and taking care of lawns of foreclosures how do we get started?

Asked by Tanneice Buggs, Memphis, TN Wed Feb 18, 2009

Answers

7
Hi Tanneice,

There's a plethora of FREE industry info on this Foreclosure Cleanup Industry Blog (see link below) that can guide you on getting established cleaning foreclosures and doing foreclosure lawn work in Memphis.

Many wishes of success with your business.

Cassandra Black, Consultant & CEO, Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC
The only problem with this is that they don't want it done but once a month normally. I used to have a lawn service and here is the easiest way to do it. Make up flyers, drive around areas not too far from home and door knock or leave flyers on the door on homes where the grass is high. I did this by myself and had 14 yards that needed once a week maintaining. I averaged $30.00 per hour.

Additionally, give your flyers to small businesses that have a small area to keep up. These can really add up. : )
In my area the agents that list the foreclosures usually are the ones that help coordinate getting that work done. You should be able to ask a few agents in your area who the foreclosure listing agents are. Most banks have a few agents that they use.... and any knowledgeable agent will know who those are in your area. Once you know the key foreclosure listers, ask them if you can do a house for them and show them your work. You could do it at a discount... or somehow entice them to give you a shot at the work. Remember these agents have lots of business, and the reason they do is they have a strong list of vendors working on their behalf. If they don't have work for you today, they may next week. You have to keep trying to get a break.
You might try calling the listing agent. Sometimes the bank lets them decide who will trash out the home and maintain the yard.

Andrea Moore
Prudential Collins-Maury, Inc.
901-270-3779
Your best would most likely be to work for a property preservation company as an independent contractor in your area--- most large banks have contracts already established with these companies for services and are just in need of local companies to outsource work to.

A few of the larger companies you could try to apply with are:
Cyprexx Services
Safeguard
First American
Hello Tanneice,

This generally falls under the guise of a Property Preservationaist. You can find a good discussion on this Trulia thread:

http://www.trulia.com/voices/Foreclosure/If_I_provided_a_ser…

Good luck on starting your business.

Emmanuel J. Scanlan
PS Inspection & Property Services LLC
http://www.psinspection.com
214-418-4366 (cell)
TREC License # 7593
International Code Council, Residential Combination Inspector #5247015-R5 (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing and Building)
Texas Residential Construction Commission, Third Party Warranty Inspector #1593
Texas Residential Construction Commission, Inspector, County Inspection Program
Texas Department Of Insurance, VIP Inspector # 08507061016
Hayman Residential Engineering Services, Field Technician
CMC Energy - Certified Energy Auditor

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!!
Web Reference: http://www.psinspection.com
Hi, I would attempt to go onto the websites for Countrywide, wells fargo, First Tennessee, etc. and see if there is a phone or email - some type of contact- another idea would be to drop cards off at all the Real estate companies, usually there are places for the cards to be or even a flyer. We do that often at Prudential
Realtors are always looking for good and relible companies.

Good Luck to you !

Patty
Web Reference: http://www.PattyEveritt.com