Foreclosure in Boston>Question Details

Boxer Mama, Home Owner in Boston, MA

My husb & I are in the procs of divor. tried to keep hse for pst 10 yrs, but are at end &we have no choice but to let it

Asked by Boxer Mama, Boston, MA Sun Sep 25, 2011

forclose. Knwing it was comin, I been lookn for a plce to go.Can't afford the $$ rents for 1 BR as I'm disabled & on SSDI. Had my nme on wait lists for afford housin at few apts. Just got call one is avail & have to move quick or lose. Read book they gave me re afford prg and was sad to read if own a house, must be sold or forclosd before can move in, but gave me a week.Can't sell & are only in default. Read somethin re it being ok if took my name off deed. Heard of that & realize they'd still forclose on us both. If the apt.,bank & husband let me do it to get apt,what,if any are the neg effects for me? Basically, why & hows it done & are there any cnsqunces? It doesnt sound like makes sounds like I'd be saying I've no rights tohouse, but still rspnsibl for mortg. Of course Ive given up on house but dont want to find shouldnt have done it for x& y reasons

Help the community by answering this question:



You have options! Contact the good people at GBLS. Perhaps, they can help you do what is called a deed in lieu of foreclosure. A deed in lieu of foreclosure transfers title to the subject property back to the bank instead of going through the foreclosure process. You can't do this if you have a second mortgage, but regardless, call the Greater Boston Legal Services ( GBLS ) . I'm sure that they can help you. Here is their address, phone numbers, and their website:

Greater Boston Legal Services
197 Friend Street
Boston, MA 02114 Map
800-323-3205 (toll-free)
617-371-1228 (TDD)

I hope this helps.

Be well,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 25, 2011
Yes see Erics answer brelow it is a good option in your situation. Best of Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 26, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer