Foreclosure in 33334>Question Details

Mannya, Other/Just Looking in Saugerties, NY

My house was auctioned and sold even though the bank had told me they had postponed the auction and that they

Asked by Mannya, Saugerties, NY Mon Jun 29, 2009

would look into the offer I had for a short sale. My house is in California and it's my primary home. A woman showed up at my house and said that she had paid for the house in cash and that we have three days to leave. I contacted the bank and agent told me auction was postponed. I then informed her what happened and she said she needed to check. After a few minutes she confirmed that the house was sold & that they will contact me tomorrow? What should I do, I went through the process of working it out. I already had a buyer/offer. I don't have a place to move and I have children. What can I do now? Please help!

Answers

2
Ask that lady to show any documentation to proof that she bought at auction, get a copy and verify that document with the courthouse or title company whether that information is valid or not. Tell her that you have contacted an attorney for this matter and that attorney will deal this issue. Sometimes, there are scammers walking around just to get anything, so don't from that house. If the bank says that you are still the owner and that lady comes in then you need to contact an attorney to consult for your next action.
Make alot of noise! You have no writen documentation so all you have is to go after the people you delt with. It is not uncommon for something like this to happen. Since different departments work the foreclosure and loss mit processes, if the loss mit/work out area does not communicate with the foreclosure area the foreclosure process may continure when they want it to stop. My key is always get commuincation it writing so you have something to support the decisions that are made by the bank, just in case something goes wrong you have something to force the bank to complie.

The bank needs to recind the foreclosure sale. It will also depend who was the winning bidder at the foreclosure sale. If there is a third party purchaser the whole process becomes more complicated for the bank and you. The only thing I can say is make as much noise as you can to ensure you can do the workout.

Good Luck

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Greenfield,Wisconsin