Divabird, Other/Just Looking in Crawfordsville, IN

My house is scheduled to be sold on Wed. the 24 I live in Indiana and am not aware of what will happen if the

Asked by Divabird, Crawfordsville, IN Mon Jun 22, 2009

sale goes through. Will I have time to pack things up and find a new place or will they just come throw me out?

Answers

3
I would suggest you call the Sheriff office in your county. Typically a home Sold at auction has to be finalized by a Judge before it is awarded to the Buyer, or if there is no Buyer (Usually the case) it is now the Banks property. You need to find out how long it takes for the Judge to finalize the sale. And how long it will take the Sheriff to serve you the eviction papers. Make the calls, it all depends on your local laws.
I would defiantly make plans to move. Your attorney and your Realtor should be able to work on you behalf.
Sometimes they will give you cash for keys. Ask about that. If you are in a foreclosure they may do this for you just ask the people in control. Do not rely on friends and neighbors for advice. Every situation is different what they may have experienced may be totally different than your situation. Good Luck to you.
You should ask your attorney and have him relay your concerns to the buyer's side. Or even go through your agent and do the same thing. They should be able to find out how fast the possession is to take place but typically, the closing is scheduled so that you have time to be out of the house and the buyer takes possession on that day. You may have a reasonable buyer that is willing to give you a few days to get out, especially if they too still have to pack their stuff and move in. Talk to the people that are working for you!