Foreclosure in Atlanta>Question Details

tarrie_m, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta, GA

My house is in forclosure it was going to be auctioned at the court house last Tuesday. How do I know if my house has been sold.?

Asked by tarrie_m, Atlanta, GA Sat Jun 9, 2012

Rich’s answer
Bruce is right, the best way to find out is to contact the bank or mortgage company that is foreclosing. Most foreclosures do not sell at a courthouse sale and revert to the lender and then become what is called an REO. The lender then markets it for resale.
If you find out it wasn't sold and you want to stay there, let me know. If it was sold and you want to buy another home, let me know.
You would need to contact the real estate attorney's office that is handling the foreclosure proceedings. When a property is foreclosed upon, it is sold to the highest bidder that day. Typically, that will be to the mortgage company holding the first lien position.
Call your lender or the attorney handling the sale on their behalf. You should have received correspondence from your lender. Post or e-mail me the address and I will provide you the attorney's name and number.
Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
An Atlanta Real Estate Expert Serving Clients Since 1979
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Internet Professional
203K Certified Specialist
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
404-978-2281 Direct
404-386-3682 Assistant Robin
678-760-6266 Buyer’s Agent Adam
770-973-9700 Office