Foreclosure in Newark>Question Details

Lr67, Other/Just Looking in Newark, NJ

My house has been foreclosed and is now in auction status. I would like to have a proof of it for the IRS and for myself to prevent any liabilities

Asked by Lr67, Newark, NJ Sat Feb 6, 2010

what type of parperwork do I need and to whom shall I ask?

Help the community by answering this question:


You may wish to protect yourself and speak to an attorney specializing in real estate--keep in mind there could be a deficiency judgement against you--if the house sells for less than you owed them even after the foreclosure you could still owe them the amount of the deficiency-- the difference between what they got and what you owed and interest.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 6, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer