Foreclosure in Daly City>Question Details

Ana, Other/Just Looking in Daly City, CA

My house been foreclose and we still in the house we hire lawyer what will be happen to us

Asked by Ana, Daly City, CA Wed Apr 21, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


If it's already been foreclosed, and right before it was foreclosed, you should have received a notice posted on the front door.

You will also receive a notice to vacate.

Depending on the foreclosing bank -- some of them may allow you to stay for a period of time while they prepare the paperwork to have it listed for sale by a realtor.

Since you are no longer the owners, the rightful owner, the bank, has the law on their side to evict you. Even if you hire a lawyer, that lawyer may give you some advice but the final outcome may still lead to your needing to vacate or be forcibly evicted.

If you had tried to sell through a short sale, you may have had more time to prepare for your next living arrangements, and also made sure your credit isn't damaged as severely by a foreclosure.

Sorry you lost your home...but it's time for you to move on.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 21, 2010
Yes, do protect yourself and consult with an attorney--see if any deficiency judgements may apply, etc. Most professionals do offer a free consultation--if you cannot afford an attorney, do check with your local Legal Aid Society for an attorney who does pro-bono work.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 21, 2010
Eventually one of 2 things will have to happen.

1 you pay what you owe
2 they take the house and kick you out legally.

Sorry, it is that simple.

You would be smart to start looking for an apartment as soon as possible.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 21, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer