Foreclosure in Albany>Question Details

Tania, Home Owner in Albany, NY

My ex-boyfriend and I own a home in NC. I am only on the deed, not the mortgage. He lives in the home & now it is in foreclosure. What happens?

Asked by Tania, Albany, NY Tue Jan 3, 2012

to me I now live in NY. We have a notorized separation contract that I had drawn up by a lawyer where it states that I am not liable for the payments on the home after he made the contractual payments to be to buy me out of the house. He was supposed to have a quit claim deed drawn up to get me off the deed but he never did. The foreclosure sale is scheduled for February 23, 2012 in NC.

Help the community by answering this question:


Marc White’s answer
Tania, Anna is right. Talk to your attorney from NC. They can best help you...but my quick observation is that you need that quick claim deed asap; there is no reason that if you are not on the mortgage you should also not be on the deed. Since there is not marital status, you might be okay, but simply ask your attorney (from NC) they can help.

Good Luck, I know this sucks for you and is a burden on your time and energy.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 3, 2012
In order to best protect yourself, at this point it's really in your best interest to consult with your attorney, he/she can best advise...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 3, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer