Foreclosure in 48911>Question Details

Raven, Other/Just Looking in Lansing, MI

My Rental is being Foreclosed!

Asked by Raven, Lansing, MI Wed Jul 16, 2008

I came home from work and there was foreclosure notice on the front door. My landlord won't return my phone calls. I called the attorney on the notice and they won't talk to me. What do I do? Do I have to keep paying rent?

Answers

6
The best thing would be to seek legal counsel, but you should probably abstain from making any additional payments to the landlord until you have an answer from an attorney. I know this is probably not the answer you're looking for, but it's the best advise I have for you. Hope it works out
Web Reference: http://myrealtorrob.com
ive been through two foreclosures and you will be forced to leave i took it to court and the judge warded in the banks favor. the judge said banks dont rent sorry your lanlord didnt pay and you did but the bank needs there house back so get out. iam disabkled and so is my son the bank wanted me out in 48 hours the judge gave me 30 days do to our disabilities other wise he said you would have had 48 hours to move or they lock you out. good luck big banks always win screw the little guy and if you are sick they say oh well theres homeless shelters for you and your children
I am very sorry to hear about this! It is all to common, and you now need the help of a legal professional! You are the victim of RENT SKIMMING. Email Lori Paese at Paeselawfirm@att.net and tell her that Derek Bauer from Real Estate One passed along your information. I wouldn't delay if I were you...

Best wishes.
Web Reference: http://www.DoorToDreams.com
Hi! I can't give you legal advice; however, you may want to contact legal aid or the landlords association in your community. If the property is being foreclosed upon it means the landlord is collecting your rent and not making his/her payments. You may want to escrow your rent with an attorney and start looking for another place to rent.
I wish you the best, Mike
I wish you the best, Mike
I wish you the best, Mike