Foreclosure in 15656>Question Details

Studentssc23, Home Buyer in 15656

My Dad found a duplex for 30,000 paid cash for it. In order for him to purchase the house he had to have someone sign with him as a first time home

Asked by Studentssc23, 15656 Sun Nov 6, 2011

buyer. I signed with him. When signing the contract it stated that I had to occupy the property for at least 1 year before he could flip the duplex. He now will NOT let me live in it until I find someone to give me a $50,000 mortgage. He would then profit 20,000 off of this house that I had to sign on for him to purchase cash. I am also losing my first time home buyers privilege

All aspects of purchase money, refinance and equity loans are coming under more and more scrutiny. Most first time buyer programs are sponsored by Counties/townships, States or Agencies of the Federal government. Because of the increased scrutiny, you may be putting yourself at risk by participating in a questionable transaction. I would suggest that you speak with a real estate attorney before you proceed.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 6, 2011