Foreclosure in Carmichael>Question Details

mike, Home Buyer in Carmichael, CA

Looking a a place in Sacramento 95841,9560 or 95621...

Asked by mike, Carmichael, CA Sun Sep 16, 2012

Anyone have a deal on a 3br , 1300sq ft , yard, 2 car grage at 95841,9560 or 95621 area code? <$170000

Answers

6
Kylee Roe’s answer
Sounds like your budget is good for 95841, and 95621, maybe good for 95608. Eighteen months ago there were 3500 homes on the market (Sac county) and realtors needed would respond to you immediately if you'd posted back then, or 24 months ago.

Now there are 2000 or less homes on the market, and with a little marketing, it's easy to get homes in contract. It's a whole OTHER story to get the transaction closed however, and short sales are still difficult and gaining in difficulty IMHO.

So, my point is that Realtors with a "deal" in those zip codes, probably already have the home in contract, or will withing a couple of weeks, or even a couple of days.

Your best bet is to too find a Realtor who will work hard for you to find a home you can buy--following the Metrolist daily if not 2 and 3 times a day, networking with other Realtors in town, to see what's coming up on the market, looking at previously listed but unsold homes that might still be available. And of course, work with someone who can advise you on writng an offer that stands a chance to getr accepted. No sense in writing a weak offer after an exhausting search!

Web Reference: http://www.kyleeroe.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
I am still not going to fall for the realtors gloomy outllooks since making money is the main driving force and only lawyers are worse, The fact is I have personally found many homes not listed on many sites (still are) for great prices and a few sitting more that 90 days which tells me what I need to watch out for are the realtors telling me 20 people are bidding on it, then getting a call 3 weeks later asked if I am interested because the property dropped 20,000 and noone bought it yet. No trust here and not looking to make friends as I also found realtors disappear for other various reasons like not really in thier price range (Aka bigger fish to fry). Soooo I have money, I have down a payment and closing costs (learned never to disclose untl you are REALLY going to bid, its like throwing blood to sharks), I have time and I have 9 years of mortgage banking under my belt so dont think I am just making this stuff up, I know what I going to be dealing with. Stay happy and hopefull and get someone that will work for me, I will find a deal if it takes a year and just might, untill then I do as I am doing and heavy a good time. Good tips, I thank you for that.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
Your last sentence. You have time to look. Have an agent set up a free web portal with email alerts for you. Or: search http://www.metrolistpro.com/
Flag Sun Sep 23, 2012
An update for Mike.
As of Sunday 9/23/2012 1:30PM, on MLS: Metrolist

Using the criteria you listed above,

under $170K:

Two bank owned houses in 95621

3 short sales, one foreclosure, one regular listing in 95841.

Not a one in 95608

That is your entire inventory. All other listings that meet your criteria on Trulia or the other websites are pending, in contract, sold, expired or withdrawn.

Are any of them "deals"? The lower priced properties in a zip code usually attract a lot of attention from investors and owner occupant buyers. The intense competition from the other buyers keeps the ultimate sale price close to current market value.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Are you pre qualified to buy?
There are no shortages of real estate agents out there, have you been working with any?

A good buyers agent is priceless you will find that out quickly, good luck on your search.
Interesting approach to finding a home in today's market where inventory is going like hotcakes. :)

All realtors have access to all listings on the market. If I had a listing I do not represent a buyer on the same property but others might. In the rare chance that someone has a listing coming up they might be able to do that 'magic match' and put you in contract to purchase it. However, to do right by the seller they need to expose the home to the market to generate the best price and terms for the seller. If they don't then they wouldn't be working in the best interest of their seller and that's a violation of our ethics as a realtor.

I would suggest you find a buyer's agent that you trust and is experienced in this market. Monitor your search by using a client portal that will allow you to learn about homes that come up immediately. Currently the portal notifies you up to four times a day if a property comes up that matches your criteria. Work with someone who knows how to compete to have your offer accepted as well. Because you can expect to have competition on any home that you want to make an offer on. But there are realtors who get their offers accepted more often, if you trust their advice.

A 'deal' in this market is that homes are priced at 2000 levels at an interest rate that has been unheard of. Beyond that, you're playing poker against other buyers and you don't know who they are. So get educated on the value and determine your best offer. This market will turn when interest rates start to rise, but until then, it's a seller's market. But the deals to a buyer are unbelievable at these prices.

Good luck Mike!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012