Foreclosure in Bakersfield>Question Details

Dbenford, Other/Just Looking in Bakersfield, CA

Is this house on a septic tank?

Asked by Dbenford, Bakersfield, CA Tue Aug 24, 2010

Answers

2
Nancy Harper’s answer
Although I cannot see to which home you are referring, it is easy to find out whether a home is on septic or not. I usually call the city or county permits department and first off, they tell you if the home is in within their jurisdiction. Once you get to the right department, they will look it up and tell you over the phone whether it is one septic or not. If you want a copy of the records saying whether or not it is on septic, you will have to go down to the department in person and pay a small and reasonable fee. I have always found the people in both the city and county permits department to be cordial and efficient. It has been awhile since I have called them so I can't say who you need to speak to, but believe it or not, whoever you call will guide you to the right person. Of course, this isn't one hundred percent full proof, but I find it to be the most efficient place to start.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 25, 2010
Call (661) 862-5100 if the home is in the County of Kern
Call (661) 326-3720 or email a request to DevBld@bakersfieldcity.us for a home in the City of Bakersfield
If you are NOT sure, call either County or City and give them the address. Tehy can look it up and advise you of the department you need to contact.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 19, 2010