Foreclosure in Hanover>Question Details

Sarah Roche, Home Buyer in Manchester, MD

Is there any way to get information on foreclosures without registering with RealtyTrac?

Asked by Sarah Roche, Manchester, MD Tue Mar 9, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes Sarah there are several ways. To truly search yourself you can go to and see what properties are listed however you will be limiting yourself to HUD only and you would still need an agent to show you the property and bid on the property for you. I would strongly suggest align yourself with a Realtor so that you can search all foreclosures and most of the time the seller pays our commission so the service would be free for you. Feel free to contact me if you would like me to do some property searches for you. 717-476-4029.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 21, 2012
I see that you are from MD but are looking in the Hanover, PA area - is that correct?
You would do well to find a REALTOR who is familiar with the area where you would like to move, and see if they can help you with the process. It is complicated to deal with foreclosures, and you really should do yourself a favor and have a trained and experienced professional guide you through it so you don't suffer any mishaps in the process.
Having said that....
KUDOS to Dunes (below) for all that research you did for this person!!! Terrific job there!!!
Paula Burt
Keller Williams Keystone Realty
York, PA
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 13, 2010
Yes, I am a realtor and we have many forclosures listed in the MLS systemm you need a good real estate agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 9, 2010

You might try giving this a look...I see you posted the question in York County Penn. so this first,,
Sheriff's Sales Information/York county site..
Basic Information regarding tax sales:
York county site
This may come in handy...

2010 Real Estate Database and Maps
2010 Tax Rates

Read this Blog on finding public records free/easy...…

If you are wanting to Browse Bank or Fed Gov(Hud/VA/Fannie Mae)REOs/Foreclosures then you may wish to check out the Bank and Gov sites created to allow you to do that for free....sites like ...
or ...

All Free, all constantly updated... Check this out...…

Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 9, 2010

Yes there is but it often takes a lot of phone calls and banging on doors or a stop down at the sherifs office. If you are looking for one particular home then do that leg work. If not, realty trac is worth the registration. Or find an Agent like myself who is registered with them.

Sean LaSalle
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 9, 2010
Yes- Find an REO agent in your area or someone active in the whole Foreclosure process. Go to the local sheriff sale and introduce yourself to people there. Network.... otherwise thake the easy way out and give me a call. I can put you in touch with REO insiders. No Strings attached
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 9, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer