Foreclosure in 90713>Question Details

Ron, Home Seller in Lakewood, CA

Is it true that once my home is BANK OWNED I can no longer be able to buy it back?

Asked by Ron, Lakewood, CA Thu Nov 13, 2008

I lost my home to Foreclosure and I want to get it back , Now its on the Market.

John Mcglothlin’s answer
I would check with a real estate attorney. As far as I know there was a period of time to cure the default of the loan. If you have gone beyond that point , you may have no recourse. If you have any questions feel free to contact me via email, Good luck.
Ity has been my experience so far with the banks I work with that they will not let you or a relative purchase the property back. It is one of the questions asked when I submit an offer.
You can't get a loan for quite sometime now that you are foreclosed. The lender also will have big problem with you buying it back while just claimed you could not afford paying the mortgage on the house.

It will be pretty difficult to get the same house back unless you have great reasons to support your actions before and now.

Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin, CA
If your lender foreclosed on your home, the only way to get it back is to purchase it from them.
Web Reference:
The Hagley G…, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA
You need to speak with a foreclosure attorney. They will let you know what your options are depending on if it was a judicial forclosure or nonjudicial foreclosure.