Foreclosure in 78748>Question Details

Stubb999, Real Estate Pro in Austin, TX

Is it possible to have a foreclosure rescinded in Texas?

Asked by Stubb999, Austin, TX Thu Sep 16, 2010

Short Sale file opened 5 days before and offer submitted to B of A. Home went to auction anyway but did not sell yet. Wells Fargo was the investor and denied request for extension. B of purched Wells Farbo's portion and will not rescind now.

Answers

4
Only a tax foreclosure can be rescinded. On a trustee sale from a mortgage lender there is no right of redemption unless it can be shown there was something improper about the foreclosure process (e.g. not a 21 day notice, etc.)

Joe Bryson
Real Estate Alliance, Inc.
(512)451-0711
jbryson@re-al.com
Texas has a two-year right of redemption on tax foreclosure properties. On bank foreclosures there are ways to negotiate with the lender if the property has not been sold. Four attorneys that I know of have legitimate ways to block the sale and get reasonable results.
Texas is a non-right of redemption state so there is no opportunity to reclaim your property once the foreclosure has taken place.
Email me at <mkdq17a@prodigy.net > and I will forward info on how to deal with this. There are a few really good attorneys and options out there and I have seen them work. No fee here, just info to help out.