Glenn, Home Buyer in Melbourne Beach, FL

Is it possible to find a honest Home Inspecter in Melbourne? This is an unregulated industry in Florida.

Asked by Glenn, Melbourne Beach, FL Mon Aug 31, 2009

I just recently got stuck with a bad inspection. Where the home inspector missed alot of exspencive items.
Now I have handed to my attorney to handle. What is this place the wild wild west?

Answers

4
Your realtor should have referred someone to you
What questions did you ask of the home inspector's qualifications beside "how much do you charge?"

Typical standards of practice include language like THE INSPECTOR IS NOT REQUIRED TO CHECK smoke alarms, the attic space, the sub area, etc. This makes it easy to defend a less-than-satisfactory home inspection. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.
Hi Glenn
I am sorry to here of your problem and there are always some bad apples in every department. But did you receive a reccommendation off your Realtor or choose someone you did not know at all? If it was the former let your Realtor know and see what they have to say about the matter and whether they can help.
Best Regards
Paul Whitehouse.(Realtor).
Web Reference: http://www.paulsold.com
Hi Glenn,
I have had great luck with Mike Dogoda from D&D Inspections. (321) 243-7765