Foreclosure in Napa>Question Details

Mark, Home Buyer in Napa, CA

Is it better to use an eviction service or real estate lawyer to have former owner removed from house after?

Asked by Mark, Napa, CA Wed Jul 30, 2008

foreclosure sale in Ca.-Thank you.

Help the community by answering this question:


You may want to offer them "cash for keys"
This should be a written contract that spells out when they must leave(usally 2 weeks), the condition the property must be left in, and the amount they will recieve to leave peacefully. $500 is what most lendors will offer in my area. If you approach the former owner with compassion and understanding and create a small win for them you might save the hassle and expense of eviction plus the cost of a clean out.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 30, 2008
It depends on the situation, please keep in mind that you are dealing with someone that has just lost their home and this can become a dangerous situation. If you have a a disgruntled previous owner you may want to enlist the services of a real estate lawyer. If you feel that this is a peaceful situation then a real estate agent will suffice. Either way, evicting someone is a legal process and must be approached the same way whether it be an agent or a lawyer.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 30, 2008
Most attorneys that handle evictions on a regular basis have a flat fee for service. To my knowledge none of my clients have ever used an "eviction service" so a cannot speak to that. I would simply find a local attorney who specializes in eviction.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 30, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > California > Napa County > Napa > Foreclosure in Napa > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer