Foreclosure in Greenwich>Question Details

Jesse, Home Buyer in New England, ND

Is Realty Trac involved in unethical practices?

Asked by Jesse, New England, ND Thu Dec 11, 2008

I I tried Realty Trac, cancelled within the correct amount of time and also was billed for the Trial Period. Don't waste your time calling or emailing them . Go directly to your credit card company and have the charges removed, stating clearly with dates and info what occurred. I had no problem at all and the charges were reversed. I never heard from Realty Trac again. If you get angry, it's basically a waste of time. Just get your money back and move on.
As far as Tepper's comment about the company, I'd say get some Kahuna's, man. Realty Trac is involved in unethical practices and should be reined in firmly with some hefty government agency fines, something any company understands.

Jesse

Answers

3
Jesse,

Lynn's advice is sound. If you feel you might have crossed the line, you might want to consider deleting your posting.

We truly understand your frustration but caution you not to put yourself in a vulnerable position. Please accept this in the spirit it was intended....to be helpful.

The Eckler Team
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 11, 2008
I would be careful regarding any negative authored statements made about a company or person via the web posting. A person can be sued many lawsuits are now be aired with hefty fines for slander comments .
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 11, 2008
You "caution" me? A very ominous answer, borderline threatening I would add, Mr Eckler, which glosses over apparent personal experiences with this company. I think if I was Realty Trac I would be more worried about a class-action lawsuit stirred up by confronting customers who tried the seven day Trial "by the rules" and were still billed. I doubt they would welcome a financial records disclosure through subpoena to see just how many were "mistakenly" charged.

In the spirit of public disclosure, do you profit somehow through a connection with Realty Trac or work for Realty Trac?

Jesse