Dcekbergman, Other/Just Looking in Port Charlotte, FL

In Florida, how long do you have to vacate a house after the foreclosure auction?

Asked by Dcekbergman, Port Charlotte, FL Wed Jul 8, 2009

I am in a rental that went into the foreclosure process several months ago and I just received in the mail a court document stating that the house will go into foreclosure auction on August 10. How long do I have until I HAVE to move out? Should I move out prior to that date or will the bank or someone give me a set amount of time?

I believe that President Obama signed into law a House bill giving renters up to 90 days to vacate. Double check for accuracy but that is how I interpreted the bill. This pertains to all states as Florida previously was not kind to renters.
It depends on whether or not the property is sold at auction. Most properties that go to auction are not sold and the property goes back to the bank.

It may take weeks or months for the bank to get the property back on the market. You may be able to negotiate directly with them to stay in the home, but be ready to go with less than a week notice just in case