Foreclosure in Nashua>Question Details

Carl, Renter in Salem, NH

Im a tenant at will and the owner lost the house , I knew nothing of this and am now being told I have to move right after christmas and dont have the

Asked by Carl, Salem, NH Mon Nov 21, 2011

Answers

7
Owner: Fee Simple

tenants: Lease
Tenant at will
Transit tenant

Lease you have some teeth. The other two little or non.
I am a renter owner is going into foreclosure what are my 0pti0ns......
Tim, Traceyand Scott, I hate to tell you that you are wrong:
Shortsale is absolutely correct.
Everyone should read the Tenants Rights Bill of 2009, brought to you by our favorite President.
Carl,
Hang in there and Google that.
Make them give you the Cash-for-Keys money too!

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
Hi Carl,
You have rights as a tenant.
"What Are the Tenant Rights and Owner Obligations Under Federal and State Law?

If the tenants residing in the property have leases, they have the right to continue living in the property under the terms of the existing lease until it expires. If there is no lease the new owner of the property must give the tenants at least 90 days written notice to vacate."
There is some good information here: http://www.homehelpnh.org/tenant.htm
GOOD LUCK!
Carl you do have rights as the occupant. They can file eviction with a 30 day notice. if you do not move they will request a hearing and you will go before a judge, teh judge will ask you make an agreement with the bank and if not they will just set a date and can remove you. your best bet is asking them for cash for keys, it is where you agree to move within 30 days but they pay you say $1000 to move, leave the property clean and free of debris and damage. One move out day you give the keys and get a check, at least you will get some help in moving, ask for this. good luck in working things out
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Hi Carl

Tim is right, you do not a have a lease which is a contract. A tenant at will or month to month means that either party can cancel with notice. Sorry about the bad situation.

Tracey Guy
Prudential Verani Realty
As a tenant at will you have almost no rights or time limits. They can tell you to leave almost anytime.