Foreclosure in 90274>Question Details

Peaceandpowe…, Real Estate Pro in Bell And Hurd, Paine...

If you put your house on the market for a short sale, what is the quickest amount of time there could be a buyer?

Asked by Peaceandpowerparenting, Bell And Hurd, Painesville, OH Sat Sep 29, 2012

Answers

5
Most likely, Short sale homes gets buyers in the very same day listed when it is priced right.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
I have a short sale that was priced right, bank was very eager to close, the buyer paid cash, and we were able close in less than 30 days.
Finding the buyer is the quickest and the easiest part of the transaction. How fast the closing depends on the followings:
- How fast you can, as a seller can provide the Docs neede by the bank.
- How fast the negotiator designated by the bank as acting.
- How easy and fast the buyer will qualify.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
You could find a buyer immediately. The real question is when or if the lender or lenders will agree. And you could wear out the buyer waiting. Not fun. But if you have a good agent and are lucky it COULD close in a couple of months.
You could get a buyer within 2 hours.

Shoot me an email directly if you would like to talk about this further. I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
100% short sale success ratio
& I can Prove it
Dear Peace

In our current market in Southern California homes are selling very quickly whether it's a short sale, standard sale or bank owned. The last two short sales I listed each received over twenty offers within the first week. The most important thing when listing a short sale is to list with an agent who is familiar with the short sale procedure or someone who is assisted by a professional short sale negotiatior.

If I can help, please feel free to contact me.

Best of luck,

Barbara Grandolfo