Foreclosure in Jacksonville>Question Details

Lucinda, Home Owner in Jacksonville, FL

If my home is in foreclosure, and I have it rented to tenants, can they stop paying rent because the house is in forclosure?

Asked by Lucinda, Jacksonville, FL Sun Jun 5, 2011

lucygonzalez8455@hotmail.com

Answers

3
There's a common misconception among renters that just because YOU are not paying the bank, they don't have to pay their rent.

Depending on the laws in your state, you might be limited as to the length of a lease you can write. So if you're having issues with a tenant, it's best to consult an attorney. And be sure and bring the lease.
Their lease contract is a separate matter than your financial situation. Read the contract you have with your tenants and if necessary contact a real estate attorney or your State Laws regarding tenants rights.

All the best to you.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
Is there a lease involved, if so the lease must be honored regardless--for any legal advice needed, do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate....