Mary Engram, Renter in Brockton, MA

If i want to start my own business where do i start

Asked by Mary Engram, Brockton, MA Sat Jun 23, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


How can one possibly respond to your question?

But that won't stop me!
1. Make card board sign saying.."Abandoned...any help appreciated."
2. Pick a street corner in tampa and collect donations.
3. Take money and go to plant city and buy three cases of mellons.
4. Pay for a stall at the Wagon Wheel and retail the melons.
5. Return to step 3

Other options are available.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 23, 2012
I guess VIP means Very Igonrant Person in this case. Why dont you print your comment, ball up the paper and shove it up your azz?
Flag Thu Aug 9, 2012
with a great idea, some equipment, license, insurance, and bid your work super cheap to get started. as you get more work, charge a little more
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 9, 2012
You do your research and know as much as there is to know about how to run that type of business and who the competition is in the area. The less people doing your business the better. Investigate rental space cost for your business if needed. Figure in utilities. Then draw up a business plan with how much it's going to cost to run your business showing expenses and projected income. Then if you have to find financing you might apply to the SBA, Small Business Administration. Remember, it takes awhile, several years, for a business to become established so adequate operating capital is necessary to cover expenses, employee pay and to pay yourself a small amount. Most businesses don't make money until after 3 years. Also know that most businesses fail from being under funded. Be prepared to give it every ounce of energy and effort. It won't be easy, but worthwhile things rarely are. You might find out if you have a local chapter of SCORE, affiliated with the SBA. It's a mentorship program. Best of luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 24, 2012
Join to be a backyard entrepreneur!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 23, 2012
What kind of business Mary?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 23, 2012
Hi Mary- Depending on the business you are trying to start i would suggest you speak with your accountant first. You could need to open a s corp, LLC, or a few others to make sure that you are getting the best tax benifits and decrease your personable liability.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 23, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer