Foreclosure in Winter Haven>Question Details

Angelita, Home Owner in Winter Haven, FL

If I purchase another home after my 1st one has been foreclosed on can the lender put a lien or take away the 2nd home?

Asked by Angelita, Winter Haven, FL Mon Jan 16, 2012

Answers

3
Angelita, depending on a few other aspects of your situation, it is possible that they could attach a lien to a property - especially if it was determined that the property was not your primary residence at the time of the default and foreclosure.

Unless you either arrange to purchase the second home prior to foreclosure on the first home or unless you pay cash or use private financing, it is very difficult to buy after a foreclosure.

Feel free to give us a call as we can provide a free consultation for you and answer any further questions.

Andrew M.
A.S. Foreclosure Defense Lawyers
Call: 877-516-7093
It's in your best interest to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, he/she can better advice; if you cannot afford an attorney contact your local Legal Aid Society for a pro bono attorney, free; or keep in mind that most professionals do offer a free consultation. Rather than foreclosure is a short sale an option, again, consult with an attorney.
Since Florida is a deficiency state the bank can come after the ex owner for the deficiency of what was owed vs what they sold it for. I am not sure what methods they use but "if" you can buy anytime soon after a foreclosure you might want to run that past a lawyer. I would not think it would not be too easy to buy again anytime soon unless you use cash.