Foreclosure in 92392>Question Details

erliep_2, Renter in Victorville, CA

Iam looking to rent a single family home. How do I know if the house that I want to rent is on foreclisure?

Asked by erliep_2, Victorville, CA Fri Jun 29, 2012

Answers

3
Erliep_2
Very Very Smart Question!
you wrote,
"Iam looking to rent a single family home. How do I know if the house that I want to rent is on foreclisure?"
you can ask a local realtor to look it up for you keeping in mind their info is outdated by a week or two. it takes the county a week or two to update their info online.
or
IMPORTANT
you can go down to a county office they usually have computers, and you can look it up, on your own.
Many homes in Foreclosure or about to go into foreclosure, become abandoned, others pop on a new door knobs and list it on craigslist, or some online classified location, yes even Trulia, get a deposit from someone, collect rent for a couple of months, and then go on to the next one. This happens all the time. So it is imperative you find out who the owner is, ask for ID before you hand money to anyone. Never abandon your home, stay there short sell it and move on when the transfer takes place.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes
(951) 821-8211
harold@southerncaliforniashortsale.org
http://www.southerncaliforniashortsale.org
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
you can call a title company like Chicago 760-843-2700 and ask him to look up the property to see if it has any foreclosure notices filed against it
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 29, 2012
Call me and I will be glad to look this up for you. However, even if it is not in foreclosure the owner could still walk away even though there is nothing posted on the county records. Also they could plan to short sale the home and you may not find that out for awhile either. Try and rent from someone reliable.

Mary Young
909-489-9816