Foreclosure in 92056>Question Details

Sean, Both Buyer and Seller in 92056

I would like to sell my house in Oceanside Ca the summer of 2008 and relocate to Clovis/Fresno Ca.

Asked by Sean, 92056 Tue Nov 6, 2007

How do you think the two locations market differ then compared to now?

Answers

3
Good Morning Sean, Oceanside's market will certainly hold value and be the strongest in comparison with The Central Valley. If the market remains soft..Fresno/Clovis will be softer than Oceanside. Why?
simple matter of supply. Fresno/Clovis still boasts available land for developement where as Oceanside has little available land in comparison. Summary: Selling in a soft market only allows you more opportunity as a buyer, proportionately. Be sure to interview a minimum of three agents to find the one that best represents your needs and wants. Good Luck to you!

Michael
http://www.MichaelRobertsHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 6, 2007
Hi Sean...

The Oceanside market is stronger, so you should still get a good price for your home this summer and get a bargain in Clovis/Fresno

let me kknow if you need a brilliant broker for the sale of your home in Oceanside.
Lee Lovitt Symbolic Realty Owner/Broker
symbolicrealty@yahoo.com
http://www.symbolicrealty.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 11, 2008
I live in Fresno and MaryAnn's answer below is right on the money. Currently we have around 18 months worth of inventory and 25% of all homes for sale are either REO's or short sales? Inventory is up about 10% since January 1, 2008 and the market should remain soft for at least another 18-24 months. We are experiencing an increase in our unemployment rate that now stands around 11% due to the fact so many jobs related to the real estate industry have been eliminated over the last 2 years. Prices should continue to decline because our market is way out of balance from a supply and demand prospective.