Foreclosure in East Orange>Question Details

Teklu, Home Buyer in East Orange, NJ

I wont to buy a house in east orange, NJ 07017. how can I find foreclosures?

Asked by Teklu, East Orange, NJ Wed Oct 14, 2009

Answers

6
Margaret,

You are not worthy of my time and efforts. If you prefer to waste your time to do fact checks on my credentials, then please stop wasting everyone else's time on Trulia with these annoying posts.
I answered your questions two days ago and I will not respond to you again.
There are 21 houses for sale in East Orange listed at under $100,000. 10 are short sales, 5 are bank owned, and 6 are not marked clearly so they could be short or foreclosed or neither. All need major work, of course. Some require cash, some require all contingencies to be cleared (appraisal, loan committment, inspections), and some are almost normal. All require C of Os by buyer since the seller will not or cannot put any money into them. You will need a good agent who knows what they are doing. Or, You can pay a fee to any number of online services that will tell you how to access the public record and see if a lis pendens has been filed, which indicates at one time the owner was in arrears on loan payments. The information may not be accurate since it can be old. Once you know which property, you will still need to know how to access it, and likely deal with a listing agent, then negotiate an offer, get it under contract, have an attorney who specializes in distressed properties (otherwise you risk wasting time and money). May I ask, why do you want to take all this on? Also, as the list price increases, the percentage of regular single family houses goes up. The tops is $549,000 new construction, several choices.
First thing is to find a foreclosure or short sale specialist realtor to help you in the process. Then get the mortage locked down.
To add to the many responses; you can speak with various "BANKS" in your community.
Resolve, they do have a list of their bank owned properties "ONLINE".
Hi Teklu,

I currently work with homeowners facing foreclosure. If you have something in particular or a price point, in mind, this information would be very helpful. Please feel free to contact me.

Marsha B. Washington
Real Estate Consultant
NFMC - Foreclosure Mitigation Counselor
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
2 E. Mt. Pleasant Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039
973-994-4323 - office
marsha.bowenwashington@cbmoves.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 18, 2009
Teklu,

Your best bet is to work with a real estate agent who will be able to show you homes that are currently on the market in East Orange which are bank owned (REO. There are also a number of short sales on the market in East Orange as well. A short sale required the lender approval as the seller owes more than the house is currently worth. Many short sales may have the "pre-foreclosure" status as they may be behind on their mortgage and the bank may have filed a notice of lis pendens on the property.

I do cover parts of East Orange and would be happy to provide you with the details of the foreclosures in that area. Here are a few to get started with: http://emailrpt.gsmls.com/public/show_public_report_rpt.do?r…

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Prudential NJ Properties
973-715-1158 cell
973-992-6363 ext 116
Gina.Chirico@PrudentialNewJersey.com