Metta, Home Buyer in 08823

I want to purchase a foreclosed or shortsale property in South Brunswick, how much will I be spending

Asked by Metta, 08823 Wed Mar 7, 2012

Answers

9
Hi Metta,

Any luck on buying any short sale of foreclosed property in South Brunswick ?

Vishal.
Its was 5 months ago you asked but I was wondering if you found anythinyet? I would be more than happy to assist you with all your realestate needs. Give me a call at 732-763-6221.
Hello Metta,

Did you find a foreclosed or short sale property in south brunswick ?
Good morning Metta,

I've been helping First Time Buyers for 23 years as a mortgage professional and I will tell you what I have always told my clients here in New York: If you are a First Time Buyer, steer clear of foreclosures and short sales.

Foreclosures are someone else's headache. The home probably has not been well-maintained and you're a First Time Buyer adjusting to paying a mortgage. Do you really want to walk in the door to someone else's deferred maintenance that YOU will have to pay for? Also, if you're thinking there are deals to be had in terms of lower prices, mostly those "deals" go to professional investors who can pay cash, negotiate hard with a Lender, and close fast.

For Short Sales, my attitude of late is that First Time Buyers should steer clear. Short Sales tend to be a better deal for the homeowner than for the Buyer. You'll wait MONTHS for the homeowner's Lender to approve the short sale; maybe as long as Six or Seven Months. Meanwhile, you're stuck in a contract to buy that home. I closed a short sale recently with a Buyer who, after seven months said this at the closing table, "I don't even want this house anymore."

And he didn't even get the "deal" on price he thought he was getting! The house appraised for only slightly more than he paid for it at the short sale price. He walked into this deal thinking he was buying a home for $100,000 less than it's value. In the end that wasn't the case.

There are plenty of motivated Sellers with their homes listed on your local MLS. Go find a good Local Mortgage Banker, get prequalified, then find a great, experienced Realtor, and buy the home you want at the price you're willing to pay.

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Dear Metta,

There are quite a few good investments in south brunswick. One of my client recently bought a very good investment property in south brunswick. Let me know If I can be of any help to you.

Hi Metta.

With a short sale, the purchase of a short sale home will be an "as is" sale. The owner will not make any repairs to the property so your offer should reflect any costs associated with necessary repairs that you will need to make.

There are currently two short sales in South Brunswick. If you like, give me a call or email me at nayna_bawa@yahoo.com, and I'll send you the listings.

Nayna Bawa
New Jersey Realty, llc
917-969-0093 cell
Dear Metta,

There are very few short sales and foreclosed properties in South Brunswick. However, there are few good regular sales in south brunswick which are considered very good Investments.

Will be more than happy to assist you. Give me a call at my Cell# 732-277-9321.

Vishal.
depends on home check for local realtor
Metta,

Give me a call. I'd be happy to help.

Thank you.
SUREN POGOSOV
Realtor, Sales Associate Selling in NJ & PA
Keller Williams Princeton & Delaware Valley Realty
Office: (609)987-8889 Ext.1328 Cell: (347)782-2036
Search for your dream home by Features, Location, School district or listing number at:
Web Reference: http://www.FreeMLS.org