Foreclosure in 45406>Question Details

Miguel, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

I want to invest in a duplex or two.

Asked by Miguel, Los Angeles, CA Sun Jan 6, 2008

Are there a lot of vacancies, is this a decent area to live in and how are the schools?

Answers

5
Hi Miguel:

I am an investor in OH. Whatever you decide to buy just make sure you do the math first. Numbers don't lie. Make for sure you get the return on your investment (money) that you want. Make a Pros and Cons list. FYI (EXAMPLE): Single Family Homes the tenants are responsible for everything..utilies,water&trash bill,lawn,snow removal etc. vs. duplex or Apt. Bldg. Landlord pays water,trash removal,lawn,snow removal etc./Feel free to email me @Tmsptee@aol.com/We Sell Properties also. Thanks, Tyshonna/World Wide Properties,LLC
There are several ways to invest in real estate that don't require that you worry about vacancies.
I'm a real estate investor and teacher of real estate subjects. The possibilities are almost without limit. You will get safety with real estate, appreciation, depreciation, and rental income or just buy the equities and lease/purchase. No rents to worry about. Many more ways. Call 770-427-7775 Larry Hogue or hoguel@bellsouth.net
Miguel,

I work a lot with investors in the Dayton area and I can help you find a property that cashflows well. A double or duplex may be an "ok" investment, but in Dayton, single family homes seem to cash flow much better. For example, I have a single family that rents for $650 per month available for purchase now for $40,000 - that is a cash flow of at least $300 per month at a 100% mortgage. Not a bad deal in any book, and there are deals like this all over town right now, especially with our foreclosure rate being so high.

If you are patient and dont mind the games that banks play, now is a good time to pick up a lot of investment property at a good price that cash flows VERY well. Stay in touch, I would like to tlak to you. You can reach me through my website
Web Reference: http://www.SWOhioRealty.com
Brian Brady had a great post on his blog last year regarding "dingbats" http://activerain.com/blogsview/21791/I-m-in-love

His strategy is to find a building that has upside in rental income and where a little elbow grease could pay off for an investor.

I'd interview a property manager or two to inquire about the current vacancy rate, and how the rental market is tracking. Your Realtor can give you information on cap rates.
Just a couple of thoughts.
Be carefull duplexes are hard to cash flow. Make sure you do the math if you have a 50% vacancy you may only have 50%of your mortgage payments. Make sure you have plenty of reserves.
Just a thought