Foreclosure in Grand Rapids>Question Details

Flowers81, Home Buyer in Grand Rapids, MI

I want to find out if the house next to me is in forclouser or up for sale, how do i do this ?

Asked by Flowers81, Grand Rapids, MI Sat Jan 21, 2012

I have not seen the people who lived there in some time and now the door has a lock box on it. I would like to purches this house but not sure how to find out if it is available or not. can some one help me please..

Answers

8
If the home is listed,that easy to answer. If the home is vacant is there paperwork of any kind posted to the door, usually the front door. If all else fails you can ck with the city and last but not least you can go into the computer and ck the city tax records and see who is listed as the owner. If they say a bank such as FAnnie Mae or Bank of America etc the chances of being in foreclosure are pretty good. I would waste any time attempting to contact the bank and purchasing it prior to it going on the market becuse most times the bank will not discuss the status.
Hi Flowers

Check with one of the many fine agents responding to your question
On this board. There are two kinds of lock boxes, one that is A realtor lock box and the other which a bank puts after it seizes the property.

Ruth
What is the address? I would be happy to check it out for you.
If you would like me to look it up for you, feel free to contact me.
Actually if the home is in Kent County you can go to http://www.accesskent.com and find out who the owner of record is and contact them. There are a variety of scenerios for this home. It could still be in the foreclosure process and the lender put a lockbox on the property because they needed to protect their asset now that it is vacant. It could be for sale but if it was there would most likely be a some sort of sign in front of the home to indicate it is currently on the market. You could call the number listed for emergencies but normally they don't give any information out.
If I can help in any way please let me know. I deal with lender owned properties a lot.
Have a great day!
All of this information is public records. You can go down to the county recorders office and find out everything that is going on with it (as far as foreclosure goes). Since there is a lock box on it, it may be on the market. If you Google it, it may pop up. However, to make this as simple as possible, what you should do is contact an agent. I say this because us agents already work with systems that with a click of a couple of buttons we can see whats going on with that particular property.
I would be glad to help. I will need the adress in order to look it up. Fell free to contact me anytime via email or by phone.Thanks!

Beau Otis
616.401.8880
botis@kw.com
Web Reference: http://www.beauotis.com
First see if there is an emergency contact number and call it. if not place a note and tape it to the door you are interested for them to contact you. You could then go to the assessors office and look up teh owner or go a step further and check at your registry of deeds. Most often leaving a note will work as someoen is supposed to check the homes once a week.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com