Foreclosure in 85044>Question Details

John, Home Owner in Las Vegas, NV

I want to buy a Wells Fargo REO but it is not yet on the market. Is there any way to talk with someone from Wells to make an offer on the property?

Asked by John, Las Vegas, NV Sun May 29, 2011

Buy REO property that is not yet on the market.

Answers

39
Im assuming you know you can contact a RE Agent but maybe wonder if there is a way to Browse Foreclosure listings, acquire information about the Buying Process, who has the property listed ect. for FREE and without having to contact an Agent until informed enough to choose one wisely...

You may be interested to know the Government and the Banks have created websites for the public to use for FREE and to have current updated information about the Properties/Foreclosures/REO's available and information about the Process they use, available programs ect..

Reference Link:http://reohomes.org/wells-fargo/
Each lending institution handles its bank-owned REO properties differently. Wells Fargo, based in San Francisco, outsources its real estate owned properties, or REOs, to an outside vendor called Premiere Asset Services. The Wells Fargo REO department has a website where it lists all of its bank-owned foreclosures. Investors seeking Wells Fargo REO properties can also find bank-owned foreclosures on RealtyTrac. Wells Fargo bank has thousands of REO properties for sale.

Wells Fargo, which was founded in 1852 by Henry Wells and William Fargo, became synonymous with the opening of the American West. The San Francisco-based banking company opened its doors around the time of the gold rush in the Western United States.

Keeping with its western tradition and the expansion of the American West, the history of Wells Fargo is also tied indelibly to the growth of the overland Pony Express mail delivery system and the development of the Transcontinental Railroad, which linked northeastern cities with the rapidly expanding west coast frontier towns. This history is so foundational to the bank’s identity, that even today the corporate symbol of Wells Fargo is the stagecoach.

Reference link: http://Wellsfargoreo.org
I have a buyer for a house where the seller just returned the keys in lue of foreclosure. Sddress is 111 Bunker Hill Rd, Ottsville, PA 18942, Tax ID 30-015-011-002. As a Realtor, I have shown this house twice to my buyers and they now decided it's the house for them. How do we move forward with purchasing this house? Thanks You. David Spivack, Realtor, Keller Williams Real Estate, Doylestown, PA 267-278-7065
Flag Mon Nov 9, 2015
Everyone shopping for foreclosures, REO's Short sales etc. should understand that there are a lot of headaches involved. The Wells Fargo foreclosure department that handles distressed properties are overwhelmed. Many of the listing agents may not fully understand the lender's requirements for submitting an offer. The same is true for buyer's agents. When an offer is submitted there is a review process. Many times a second lien holder is involved. Foreclosures do get vandalized both by people breaking in and the home owners in some cases. Offers, even ridiculous ones, have to be submitted; adding to the paperwork burden for the lenders.
Reference: http://ForeclosureIQ.com
go here http://reo.wellsfargo.com/ and see if it is listed yet or pasreo.com which handles all wellsfargo REOs
I don't agree with David. Banks don't "reward" agents for anything. Banks list with whichever agent is able to sell the asset the fastest and for the highest amount. That's the bottom line and there is no loyalty. The reason banks won't accept an offer prior to listing in MLS has nothing to do with the BPO - the BPO is done in the first 1-2 weeks after the foreclosure. The bank wants MARKETING EXPOSURE to ensure a high number of potential buyers have seen the listing.

Banks are not just happy with getting the BPO value. If they can get more, they want it.
Can you view the house before biding on them
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 4, 2016
I am interesting in buying a home that is not yet on the market. The address of the home is 1455 El Rito St. Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32563.

Contact Peggy 2 850-684-3148
The home is located at 1455 El Rito St., Gulf Breeze, Fl 32563.
Flag Sun Apr 3, 2016
I'm looking at a property located Indianapolis, IN. Who do I contact, the property does not appear to be on the market yet.
Good morning My name Raymond Lozada Im from Garrettsville Ohio there a property on Foreclose i will like to buy it 8701 Rd 82 in Garrettsville can help me
I have looked at 3 double wide mobile homes 2 of which have the wellsfargo number on the flier. These mobile homes are located in rt2 Marion Illinois. I am very interested and expect to purchase something asap .I cant find out any apecific information or an actual real person to speak with about these mobiles. Please advise.
the property is 3036 longview ln in 33917
i would like to buy this property
Flag Tue Apr 21, 2015
I like to buy this property m.l.s. # 422374 611 east cape may ave ocean gate nj 08740
It is even difficult to speak with the bank after it is on the MLS system.
How much are u saling the house at 310 graff st. Everson pa.15631
To give you a simple answer without telling you all the ins and outs, is no. Unless it is part of a bulk purchase, it is going to be put on the market with a brokerage.
hi
please help me find out about this property 336 belmont st brockton ma 02301.my info is 508 942 4809.
Thank you for sending email back. I still waiting for 2 house that I know are Wells Fargo REO owns it.
1. 102 St Miguel St. springfield, MA 01104
2. 315 El Paso St. Springfield, MA 01104
Please lets me know. I'll talk to someone from Wells to make an offer.
Thank you for your help
Thoa
Question posted May 2011

Yes there is.
They will ask you how many homes you will commit to buy each month for a year.
They will want to see your ability to pay for all 200 homes you are going to commit to buy.

If that does not describe your buying strategy, you will need to stand in line and wait, justlike everyone else.
after it's listed, yes. Before? no.
I just spoke to asset manager at Wells Fargo because I have a buyer for a home they was foreclosed
yesterday. I can sell it after it is listed with a broker.
can you give me the email for the asset manager? I have a few questions for them, and I can't seem to find their email on the website.
Flag Tue Mar 10, 2015
Looking for house in Isle Minnesota 56342
Address 175 Hennepin Ave. So.
I'm a short sale expert and would love to work with you!
Feel free to give me call anytime! 480-275-9566

PS. I look forward to working with you!
I am interested in a property that has been foreclosed - the property at: 105 Shallow Pond Court, Piedmont, SC 29673 and I have tried all week to speak to someone regarding the property - could you please help me. I am Sherry Riggins 864-354-3037 - thanks
I'm looking for buy REO property: 315 El paso st. springfield, MA. 01104. that is not yet on the market? who is that I can contact with?
I've had some success in the past tracking down asset managers, the best I've been able to do is get a sneak peek inside a property before it hits the market. As someone stated here the banks want it to be tested fairly on the market so getting an offer in early is not an option. It needs to be fair for all buyers out there. Good luck !!
Web Reference: http://thespaldingteam.com
Mike, you will need to have a licensed agent make offer for you once it is a n accurate listing in local mls.

Feel free to contact an agent of your choice.

602-799-6846

Lucinda Tkach
I just want to know how long after the foreclosure sale takes place is it before they place it on the market with a realtor...........It has been 8 months since the sale for a property I have a buyer very interested in and not one realtor has any inclination when they will be getting it to list?
John: There are still lots of bank owned reos listed in your area. Redloc reports discounts of 20% to 43% off
market prices. If you do your research, you will see certain agents that seem to have most of the Bank Owned MLS listings. You can get in touch with them, tell them what you are looking for, and be one of the first to see a new foreclosure.

DAVID COOPER. Foreclosure and Bank REOs Buyer's Agent at Vertical Realty- Las Vegas. For your Freee List Call +1-7024997037 davidcooper@lasvegaswinner.org
Thank you to all that have responded to my question. It seems, by overwhelming majority, that the bank will not deal with me before it hits the market. Too bad, since they could have one less property on their books. I still don't understand - my guess is market manipulation - why it has been nearly 4 months since the trustee sale and it has yet to hit the market, especially since homes in this particular neighborhood sell very quickly, and usually for more than asking price.

Once again, thanks for all the responses.
I wish there was but there is no reason for a bank to accept an offer before it goes on the mls.
The banks that are still standing after this real estate crash have established ground rules and legal precedent in selling their REO homes. Selling direct without all the leagal steps required is NOT going to happen. All banks are getting BPOs before they decide anything, and then the reward the agents by giving them the listing.

David Cooper Las Vegas Foreclosure Investor in Bank Owned REOs at 20% off. For your Freee List
email: davidcooper@lasvegaswinner.org or Call +1-7024997037
Unfortunately the answer is NO and here's why. Most major lenders sell directly to investors, but those are package deals with many homes. If this property was going to sell that way, you wouldn't have much of a chance anyway. If it's going to be listed on MLS, no major lender will accept an offer prior to the property being listed in MLS. Banks want full marketing exposure and must ensure they are receiving as many offers as possible and at the highest possible price. They won't sell prior to listing in MLS.
I’ve never heard of this situation working with a major bank but with some midsize to smaller banks this is an option. I get a call about once a quarter directly from a smaller bank asking if I would be interested in property 123 Main St. If I decline they sell to another investor or it’s listed.
John,
Very hard to do if not impossible. If you could get someone at the bank that actual new who the asset manager was you still would have to explain to that person why it is in their (the Bank's) best interest to sell to you instead of on the open market.
Web Reference: http://bradbergamini.com
Hi John, it is possible, although most of the times it does not work. After the property has been adquired by the bank they will typically sell it in a package to a wholesale buyer, or they will place it in the market with a local agent. If it is not going to be sold wholesale they typically like to see it hit the open market so they can get as much as possible for it. Many times they get multiple offers and end up selling for over asking price.

Talk to an experienced agent in the area and he will be able to help you. Just sending an offer to the bank will not work.

Carlos J. Ramírez, PC, ABR, CNE
RealtorCarlos@gmail.com
Associate Broker/Realtor, HomeSmart –
Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE)
http://www.SmartAZRealty.com
John

It is possible to submit before the home hits the market in certain situations. It takes some due diligence and lots of effort to track down the players, it's not always possible.

Find a good agent with lots of experience that you feel you can work with and start digging! It can be possible!

Arizona Homes for Sale by a Guy from Iowa
Web Reference: http://www.McVinua.com
I could walk you through process. I am at open house. 602-799-6846
Without a BPO from a local real estate agent, the Wells REO manager has no idea what the house is worth. So making an offer is not going anywhere but his wastebasket. I would try to find other REOs from Wells Fargo that sold in your area, and see who the listing broker was that represented Wells. I would then call that agent, and see if he would make an offer for you.

John,

Unfortunately, no. Most all bank owned homes are assigned to an asset manager who will place the home on the market with a local Realtor. If you would like to provide the address, I would be happy to let you know when it is placed on the market.

Deborah Griffin